Sunday, January 24, 2016

Course Projects

 
Nicholson, Jez. "Sprint006 plan" 4 July 2008 via flickr. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License

What are you most confused by or nervous about in regards to the four major projects?

I'm nervous about many aspects of the projects.  The more significant of these aspects are what topics to choose, matching the topics to the forms of the course genres, the research itself, and planning my time effectively.  I'm not sure what if anything I'm confused about currently, but I will probably find things once I actually start the projects and begin having difficulties.

What are you most interested in or excited by in regards to the four major projects?

I'm most interested in learning about the issues of my major.  I'm also looking forward to becoming more exposed to the course genres as they are becoming increasingly more relevant in today's society.

Based on your understanding of the major projects, what are the elements of this course that you have to plan ahead for? How will the coursework described in the four project assignment sheets challenge your time management skills this semester?

I have to plan ahead for many things.  Some of them are more obvious, like planning for interviews, while others are more vague, like planning enough time for research and deciding on topics.  This will challenge my time management skills by forcing me to plan many things way in advance and plan my own deadlines while also fitting in the other things I have to do this semester.

How has your past English coursework in high school or college prepared you for the challenges of this course? What skills will you bring into the course with you?

My high school English experience focused on essay writing, so I am not that prepared for all the different forms of the course genres.  I have some experience with the content of some of the projects, like research and persuasion.

Do you have any questions about the four major projects that haven't been answered by the assignment sheets? What do you still want to know?

Currently I don't have any questions to ask.  I am also unsure what I still want to know about the assignments that can be answered by other people. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way as you do about the preparation aspects. I only ever wrote essays as well, so it's hard to be prepared for something so new. But I think we can apply the research tactic as well as organization that we learned from English in the past to this new class. I was just thinking this and was hoping you may benefit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note on conventions of the blog post genre: Revisit Step 1.5 from "Deadline 1" to re-familiarize yourself with the conventions of blogging. You're missing one item on the bulleted list of conventions there.

    ReplyDelete